United American is a name trusted by doctors and hospitals nationwide. We developed our United American Medicare supplements in 1966, the same year that Medicare became available. For over 50 years, we’re still known for having top-notch Medicare supplements for seniors around the country. United American Insurance is still one of the largest nationwide underwriters of individual insurance to supplement Medicare✶, and the service we provide—as well as the supplements we offer—are what have formed the legacy we’re honored to maintain.
✶ NAIC Medicare Experience Report by Direct Premium Earned for Total Individual Policies, November 2016.
With United American Medicare supplements, there’s no designated physician list. You also don’t need to go through an approval process in the event you need to see a specialist. Our ProCare Medicare Supplement plans are accepted nationwide, making it easy for you to get the coverage you need.
With United American Insurance, you get protection that can never be canceled (though events of material misrepresentation are an exception). As long as you pay your premiums in a timely fasion, you get Medicare supplements that provide the coverage you need.
• United American Medicare supplements can be offered on-the-spot in most scenarios, meaning you can get coverage almost instantly.
• On average, we issue claim checks within five calendar days—oftentimes even faster than getting an Explanation of Benefits from Medicare!
• With agents around the nation, there’s a United American Insurance agent in your area who can help you.
• For over 40 consecutive years, United American Insurance has gotten the A+ (Superior) Financial Strength Rating from A.M. Best Company
• United American Insurance has received a AA- (Very Strong) rating for Financial Strength by Standard & Poor’s
Our national acclaim points to our decades of service in Medicare supplements. We have a legacy that simply cannot be beat, and this is the exact legacy that you deserve to work with to get your coverage.
In Florida, United American Insurance offers Medicare supplement policies for eight of the standardized plans. These include plans A,B, C, D, F/HDF, G, and N. For each of these plans, the following basic benefits are included:
This outline, as featured by United American Insurance Company, provides a visual for some of the coverage that can be found through these Medicare supplements.
Some states require designated Medicare Supplement plans also be available to people under age 65 and eligible for Medicare due to disability (different application forms may be required). Policy benefits are identical for people over or under age 65. Premiums are based on Preferred or Standard, age, sex, State/Area.
MEDICARE PLANS / BENEFITS
|Hospitalization (Part A Coinsurance)||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Medical Expenses (Part B Coinsurance)||100%||100%||100%||100%||100%||100%||Copay ●|
|Skilled Nursing Facility Coinsurance||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Part A Deductible||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Part B Deductible||✓||✓|
|Excess Doctor Charges||100%||100%|
|Foreign Travel Emergency||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
If for any reason you want to cancel your United American Medicare supplements and overall insurance policy, all you have to do is return your policy and ID card to our home office within the 30-day period. Your premium will be refunded (less any claims paid).
There are several instances in which benefits will not be payable for. See the list below for more information:
• Expenses you are not legally expected or obligated to pay
• Services not deemed medically necessary (in the eyes of Medicare)
Or any services not directed from the supervision of a physician
• Portions of expenses that Medicare has made payment for
Expenses that are ineligible for coverage under Medicare (this excludes coverage that would be provided under the Foreign Travel Emergency benefit)
How does United American Insurance work with any pre-existing conditions? Sunshine State Insurance breaks it down:
• Any loss due to injury or sickness with six months prior to the policy effective date is not covered, however
• If the loss incurred more than 60 days after the policy effective date, this will be covered.
• This is only true if medical advice or treatment was recommended by a physician within the six-month period (before the policy effective date)
Looking to learn more about United American Insurance and Medicare supplements? Check out this brochure!